Monday, June 14, 2010

The Power of HIDs

RETURN TO RACERDEVELOPMENT HOME PAGE

Recently, I have just installed 8000 Kelvin HIDs (high-intensity discharge) to my car. For quite a long time, I debated whether or not these lights were in fact worth the money. Now that I have installed them, I can say with complete sincerity that these HID headlights are worth it.

8000K head lights, 3000K foglights

Besides the fact that it makes a car’s appearance greater, they also improve safety conditions on the road. HIDs are measured in how much Kelvin they give off. Generally, HIDs range from 3000 Kelvin to 30,000 Kelvin. Each different set of Kelvin portrays a different color shown.


Depending on the set of HID head lights you get, 3000 Kelvin to 8000 Kelvin increases visibility on the road. 6000K is the brightest of the lights because the higher the color temperature (Kelvin), the less usable light output you will obtain.

8000K headlights, 3000K fog lights

In my opinion, HIDs were one of the best choices I have made on my car. Compared to my old headlight bulbs, I would say my visibility is at least 5 times greater. HIDs are truly the way to go to increase safety conditions and visual appearance.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, so wounder full topic related to the hids. T read and really impressed from your article .I like and share with my friends .Thanks for posting...

    ReplyDelete